Woman farm worker inhales pesticide while spraying, dies

Representative image
NASHIK: A farm worker, Kesharbai Laxman Gaikwad(55), has died after inhaling the pesticide with which she was spraying fields at Musalgaon village in Sinnar taluka.

The Adgaon police have confirmed that her death was caused by the pesticide and have registered a case of accidental death.

Representative image

“She was spraying the field on October 17 when she inhaled the pesticide,” said an Adgaon police officer. “She complained of uneasiness and was rushed to a local hospital. When her condition worsened, she was taken to Adgaon-based Dr Vasantrao Pawar Medical College Hospital and Research Center where she breathed her last at around 1.30 pm,” he said.
An autopsy was conducted at the Nashik Civil Hospital and her viscera was preserved for further examination.
“The woman has died due to the pesticide. The viscera examination will enable us to pinpoint the exact cause of her death,” said doctors at the Civil Hospital.
Recently there have been around 20 pesticide spray poisoning deaths and cases in Yavatmal district.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s