Tuesday 17 Jul 2018 4:00 pm
Leesa Deen and her friends paid £1277 to stay in a chalet at Pontins’ Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park in Wales in May.
But when they arrived they were met by mouse droppings, rotten leftover food and mould on the windows, the 43-year-old said.
Even worse was to come – Leesa says the beds were infested with bed bugs, leaving her in pain all over her body.
She told the Daily Record: ‘I was shocked at the state of the place and it was pretty clear it hadn’t been cleaned for our arrival.
‘It was absolutely disgusting. I complained to reception but was told there would be no cleaners on the site until the following day.’
Leesa, from Ayrshire in Scotland, made a number of shocking complaints about her holiday.
They include that the guests had to buy their own cleaning products as cleaners didn’t arrive until the next day.
She also said that she soon began to feel ill and was being sick in the car as her skin burned from the bites.
When she returned home, her doctor said the only explanation is that she came into contact with bed bugs at the holiday park.
She added: ‘This has taken over my life for the last few months and I’d hate to think of a kid going through the same horrible experience.’
Leesa claims to have been left with scarring from the bites.
She complained to Pontins and was told the company investigated, but were unable to prove her bed bugs claim.
Pontins has not responded to requests for comment.